Saturday, March 12, 2011

REVIEW: Cafe Fergus, Newmarket-on-Fergus

I recently lunched out in New Market. We went to the Cafe Fergus. They are very accommodating there and the cooking is so so yummy. The menu is of course geared towards lunch time but they have hot meals too! I had the baked potato with Mediterranean roasted veg with optional cheese and sour cream accompanied by a delicious garden salad. I am not sure about the Vegan side but I am sure they would accommodate.
On another day we had the veg salad (take-away) which had everything from sun-dried tomatoes, crutons, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, red onion and more. It was drizzled with a subtle vinegarette dressing. All served with (still hot from the oven) wholemeal brown bread. For only €4. Cheap and cheerful. Have and will revisit.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Newmarket on fergus and we had lovely home cooked food at this cafe. My wife had ham and cabbage and I had a vegetarian meditterean sandwich with chips. great value good service its worth the trip there on the way to shannon airport

    ReplyDelete